Terms and Conditions
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday : 10am - 6pm
- Weekend sessions are available at extra cost. We're all family men here.
Pick Up / Drop Off
- If you plan on dropping off sources, please inform us ahead of time if possible.
- Normal Dropoff / Pickup time is Mon-Fri from 10am-6pm
- Deliveries and pickups are made on the 5th floor at the reception desk.
- Please dial 212-965-0100 opt.2 if no one is present.
Booking a Session
- We encourage you to book your session 2 weeks in advance to ensure you meet your deadline.
- Rush sessions (24 hour turnaround) can be booked at the engineer's discretion, but this will incur a rush fee determined by the engineer.
- A deposit of 50% is required for all scheduled sessions.
- Cancelations or postponements of scheduled sessions must be made within 48 hours to receive a full refund the deposit.
We do offer our clients the opportunity to have a portion of a song mastered for 60% off our normal per song rate. If the client is satisfied and wishes to continue with the remainder of the project, the cost paid will be credited towards the total cost of the session.
An hour long consultation can work wonders for the end result of the mastering session. A mix consultation can be scheduled with an engineer to go over file preparation, listen to the mixes, and make mix suggestions that can lead to a better result post mastering. We highly recommended taking this important step. An hourly rate of $150/hr applies with a minimum of 1 hour.
- Payment in full is required before any data files, CDs, DVDs, or tapes are released.
- We can accept Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX, cash, Google Checkout (add 4%), Paypal (add 4%), and domestic checks (personal, business, cashiers, or money order).
- Checks should be made payable to The Vault Mastering Studios, Inc.
- We prefer that international payments be made with either Visa, Mastercard, or Paypal (add 4%).
- Vault Mastering Studios is required by the state of Arizona to collect sales tax on all transactions originating within Arizona.
- When applicable, an exemption certificate can be presented to waive the sales tax.
- All sales, use, and other applicable taxes will be paid by the client and are in addition to the cost of all items and serivces purchased by the client.
Shipping & Handling
- Full payment is required before any materials are uploaded, picked up, or shipped out. Exceptions can be made at the owner's discretion.
- All shipping costs will be borne by the client.
- FedEx is used exclusively as our delivery carrier.
- All shipments are insured for the cost of the product included in the packages. VMS will bear no responsibility for damage to materials once they have shipped. Any and all damages sustained during shipment must be reported by the client and a claim filed with FEDEX.
- A FedEx number can be provided to VMS if the client wishes to do so. Please inform us of the desired method of shipment (priority, 2-day, etc.).
- VMS will not ship CD or DDP masters directly to manufacturing unless the client has proofed a working CD copy of that master or unless the client has provided a signed waiver permitting VMS to do so.
- Use of any materials, including digital files, audio CDs, vinyl masterials (acetates, lacquers), etc., generated by the representatives of The Vault Mastering Studios for purposes of replication, distribution, etc. constitutes approval of said materials.
- Under no circumstances will The Vault Mastering Studios Inc. be held liable for any damages from a client's use of analog or digital recordings generated by any representative of The Vault Mastering Studios, Inc.
Storage of Projects and Source material
- As a service to our clients, VMS keeps all data on file for up to 30 days at which point the projects are removed from our servers.
- Further storage and/or a DVD back up can be purchased by the client for an additional cost.
- The client is responsible for keeping a working backup of all source files before uploading or shipping those data files to VMS for processing.
- Analog tapes will be stored for the duration of the session and can be shipped back to the client along with the final masters.,
- CDs and DVDs containing source files will be made ineffective and discarded at the completion of the session, unless otherwise directed by the client.
By using our site, requesting an estimate or quote, or booking a session, you consent to our terms and conditions.
If we decide to change our terms and conditions, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the Terms and Conditions modification date below.
This policy was last modified on 4/15/2010
If there are any questions regarding these terms you may contact us using the information below.
info at vaultmastering.com